FABLAB Namibia under the auspices of NUST has innitiated an exploratory session to start an association for business angels to support the economy of Namibia. It was established on the 5 day of December 2017 a voluntary association to be known as the Namibia Business Angel Network (NABAN) with the following mission and objectives in mind.
To sustainably grow Namibia’s economy through promoting, growing and connecting actors in the field of Namibian angel, early stage investment and venture capital for high growth and innovative businesses.
- To build the Namibian angel investor ecosystem
- To promote local equity investment
- To promote good practice and quality standards
- To act as the voice of the Namibian angel investors
- To facilitate and promote investor’s access to opportunities for investment
- To recruit, educate and coordinate Namibian angel investors
- To advance innovative entrepreneurship in Namibia
The initiative is currently driven by FABLab Namibia at the Namibia University of Science and Technology. Membership is open as per the constitution.